The requested software / document is no longer marketed by Saia-Burgess Controls AG and without technical support. It is an older software version which can be operated only on certain now no longer commercially available products.
Intelligent industrial terminal (obsolete)
PCD8.D80e version 1.322 Disk 1, Y2k compatible
|Software||PCD8.D80e version 1.322 Disk 1, Y2k compatible|
PCD8.D80e version 1.322 Disk 2, Y2k compatible
|Software||PCD8.D80e version 1.322 Disk 2, Y2k compatible|
PCD8.D80e version 1.322 Disk 3, Y2k compatible
|Software||PCD8.D80e version 1.322 Disk 3, Y2k compatible|
PCD8.D80e version 1.322 Disk 4, Y2k compatible
|Software||PCD8.D80e version 1.322 Disk 4, Y2k compatible|
Good to know
The product line PCD7.D8xx has been discontinued.
As replacement it is recommended to use a VGA S-Web PCD7.D410V panel and taking advantage of the integrated WebServer of the PCD.
PCD7 / D8xx
Why has the VT Win project such a huge size? (FAQ #100543)
A VT Win project which had a size of a few MBytes becomes after storing more then ten time bigger (100-200MBytes).
The size of the project increase after storing to a really hughe size.
If unicode fonts are used which are not present in the PC the project can become so big because each character has to be stored as bitmap.
Check the fonts you are using and change to a font which is installed on the PC.
Transferring memorymodul including project information from one PCD7.D8 Terminal to another (FAQ #100443)
This is possible if following rules are respected:
- Both Terminals must be of same type
- PCD8.D80E SW must be as old as Revision-Version of terminals or more recent.
Communication between PCD7.D8-terminal and Windows NT-OS (or more recent) does not work (FAQ #100442)
Recent versions of Windows OS do not allow the access to COM-ports in the way which is used for DOS.
Use an operating system which is based on DOS (DOS, WIN 3.11, Windows 95 or Windows 98) instead.
PCD7.D8 is a DOS-program which access directly the COM-Ports of PC. Windows NT, 2000, ME and XP does not allow such accesses and therefore it's not possible to download anything to terminal from a PC which is running on one of those Operating systems
How to upgrade / download the firmware to a PCD7.D8xx (FAQ #100398)
Download the firmware to PCD7.D8xx
- Power on the terminal keeping pressed the ENTER key until you read on the display the text " wait for boot forced ".
- If you aren't able to see this text, you can power off/on the terminal quickly, without never release the ENTER key.
- When the message appears on the screen, you can release the ENTER key and download the right firmware
- Choose the item " TX FW / DRIVER ", e.g. SBC. ( it must be the right for the project you need to load in the VT )
- After the FW downloading, you can download the project
How to put a PCD7.D8xx terminal in download mode (FAQ #100135)
Before a firmware or application download is possible, the PCD7.D8xx terminals must be put in download mode.
Procede as follows:
- remove the power supply
- press enter and keep it pressed
- apply the power supply
Software (except PG5) / PCD8_D81W
PCD7.D761 displays a black screen, it has lost the calibration! (FAQ #100823)
The display has a frozen screen (can be black if in standby mode) and can't be operated. After a powerup the project's start page is displayed but the touch screen doesn't respond, because the calibration has been lost!
The firmware (PCD7.D761) needs to be updated! The firmware update is done when downloading the project to the panel when the option "Update operating unit firmware" is activated.
If the display can't be forced in transfer mode (download mode) it might be necessary first to recalibrate it as explain in FAQ 100868 (see link below).
Use the latest PCD8.D81W 5.18 version which contains the newest FW!
If you haven't le possibility to use this version and you have the version 5.12 you can also add the new Fw in attachment. So, please execute the following steps:
- Download the files attached to this FAQ and unzip the archives.
- Copy the firmware files "VT155W.BIN" into the following folder:
- Open the VTWIN project, compile it again and download it to the panel and active the download option "Update operating unit firmware".
- When the download has finished, after a powerup of the panel, please verify that the new firmware version is: 1.13.
New: Use the actual programming tool version PCD8.D81W V 5.18 which contains already the new firmware version. So no need to copy the fw files in attachment!
PCD7.D761 / D763 loses communication on Profi S-Bus! (FAQ #100477)
On a Profi S-Bus network when PCD7.D76_ terminals are connected to PCD3.Mxxx or PCD2.M480 PLC's over Profi S-Bus, the terminal loses the communication after some time and get even frozen. This problem is corrected in the new boot, FW and driver. The PCD8.D81 V 5.09 is needed , the attached files have to be copied in it (see procedure below).
It is also necessary to update the PCD3.Mxxx and PCD2.M480 FW with the version PCD3.Mxxx_023.blk / PCD2.M480_$27 or newer! Ask the PCD technical support or your representation for it!
Attached you can find the new boots, firmwares and driver that resolve the problem with the Profi-S-Bus network.
The booter file " BT155MTF" and BT525MTF have to be copied in the following folder
C:\Program Files\SAIA\PCD8.D81W 5.09\Boot
and the files "VT155W.BIN, VT155VW.BIN, VT525W.BIN and sbus_IC.BIN in the folder
C:\Program Files\SAIA\PCD8.D81W 5.09\firmware.
After files replacement download the new boot to the PCD7.D761 (VT155W) or PCD7.D763 (VT 525W)
with the tool BOOT update in (menu: Tool / Boot update / automatic) the password is 371013.
Note: All PCD7.D761/D763 produced after the 24-11-2005 have already the new boot
PCD7.D761 Boot V 2.5
PCD7.D763 Boot V 3.6
The booter version is visible during the programme download, in the PCD8.D81W Download window!
Finally download the project with the new firmware into the display.
NEWS: In the latest version PCD8.D81W V 5.12 contains all thoses updated FWs, drivers and boots! Ask the technical support or your representation for it!
How to convert variables from S-Bus to Ether S-Bus driver when changing terminal type? (FAQ #100461)
It is possible to convert all the variable from a S-Bus driver to Ether S-Bus driver if an existing project has to be used on another terminal type (e.g. PCD7.D786 convert to PCD7.D786ET)!
Hereby the procedure to convert your project from VT585W (PCD7.D786) rev 4 to VT585WB ETH (PCD7.D786ET) in order to save the addresses of the project variable when you change the driver from SBC S-bus to SBC Ethernet S-bus:
1. Open the project and move the SBC S-bus driver from ASP to MSP.
2. Convert the panel from VT585W rev 4 to VT585WB ETH.
3. Drug and drop the driver SBC Ethernet S-bus to the Ethernet port.
4. Open project editor (double click on the VT icon).
5. Expot variables into CSV format file (menu: Tools / Export to file Variables)
6. Run Excel and open the CSV file
7. Change the name of the source device name into SBC:Ether-S-Bus_a (default name in VTWIN project)
8. Save and close the CSV file
9. Import the CSV file in your project (menu: Tools / Import from file Variables)
10. The source device of the variables has changed.
11. Adjust the addresses of the memory areas (if it is used and necessary)
12. Compile the project
13. Close the project editor
14. Delete the driver SBC S-bus from the MSP
15. Save the project
Import of global Saia PG5® symbols into VTWIN (PCD8.D81W)! (FAQ #100421)
Since the version V5.07, it is possible to import the global symbols from a Saia PG5® project. Because the online help doesn't explain the import procedure correctly, you can find a corrected version attached to this FAQ!
If you need an update of your VTWIN version to this beta version, please contact your local Saia-Burgess Controls AG representative.
The beta version 5.09 is now available!
How to insert special characters in VTWIN-Software? (FAQ #100329)
If you would like to insert special characters like "é", "ö", "@", etc. in field "Multilanguage label" just press "F12" and a character table will apear.