What are the differences between the COSinus firmwares FW 1.22.48 and FW 1.24.69?
In June 2017 the COSinus FW 1.24.69 was introduced into production for the systems PCD2.M5xx0, PCD3.Mxxx0. The corresponding BACnet and LonIP firmware is available on the support homepage.
In March 2017 the COSinus FW 1.24.67 was introduced into production for the systems PCD2.M5xx0, PCD3.Mxxx0. The corresponding BACnet and LonIP firmware is available on the support homepage.
In Mai 2015 the maintenance COSinus FW 1.24.30 was published for the systems PCD1.M0xx0, PCD1.M2xx0, PCD2.M5xx0, PCD3.Mxxx0, PCD3.Mxx60 and PCD7.D4xxxT5F.
In February 2015 the COSinus FW 1.24.25 was introduced into production for the systems PCD1.M0xx0, PCD1.M2xx0, PCD2.M5xx0, PCD3.Mxxx0, PCD3.Mxx60 and PCD7.D4xxxT5F.
In August 2014 the COSinus FW 1.24.05 was introduced into production for the systems PCD1.M0xx0, PCD1.M2xx0, PCD2.M5xx0, PCD3.Mxxx0, PCD3.Mxx60 and PCD7.D4xxxT5F.
In September 2014 the COSinus FW 1.24.09 was introduced into production for the systems PCD2.M5440 and PCD2.M5540
The firmware 1.24.xx can be used only on PCD’s with 8 MB onboard firmware memory.
The table below does show the hardware dependencies in relation with the COSinus firmware versions
Do use at least the PG5 firmware downloader version 2.1.311 or newer (included in PG5 patch 2.1.311 or newer) to prevent the loading of the FW 1.24.xx to a not compatible PCD.
Firmware 1.24.69 (June 2017)
- All PCD's: SBUS parity mode, correction when NAK character is received as first byte of response.
- All PCD's: When download new Ethernet-RIO Program with the option ‘Delete all backups’ it can happen that the RIO is not commissioning and don't goes anymore in ‘data exchange mode’ until the PCD reboots.
- All PCD's: When RIO name is not in upper case the RIO file is not updated until a restart is executed.
- All PCD's: When RIO file is downloaded with download changed RIO file then RIO file is not sent to RIO until a restart is executed.
- All PCD's: Ethernet Frame Padding Information Leakage fixed (CVE-2017-9628)
- PCD2.M5xx0 PCD3.Mxxx0: Self-download tool, sometimes config is lost after download of the project.
Firmware 1.24.67 (March 2017)
- New Conversation Table for W380 Ni1000 and PT1000 Temperatur
- S-Bus Serial UART Diagnostics not correct
- Various Open Data Mode fixes: Read Timeout enhancement, Client Connection timeout and Client Keep alive with anonymous port issue fixed
- LonIP Mapper improvement
- Modbus Communication error on F2 module
- Program Restore issue fixed when restore from file system flash card
- New PLC Start configuration after Crash added
- Profi-SBus Master stop working when cable is broken
- Various minor issues fixedOpen Data Mode: Data loss if at the same time the connection was closed by the partner
Maintenance firmware 1.24.30 (Mai 2015)
- Web-Server: WebFTP supports correctly encoded characters like “/”, “&” in the web-requests
- Web-Server: ftp.cgi fails to parse the MIME multipart request when boundary string is enclosed in double quotes
- Web-Server: Enable Web-Server CGI access from SBC.NET
- Web-Server: Sometime a modified file was not recognized and therefore not updated in the browser
- Open Data Mode: Data loss if at the same time the connection was closed by the partner
Firmware 1.24.25 (February 2015)
- Enhancements and improvements regarding the communication with the new E-Line modules.
- COPYX instruction: the destination is new indexed when a timer/counter is used as destination.
- STXMX / SRXMX instructions are working correctly.
- I/O modules:
- PCD2.G200: temperature is correctly calculated when Ni100 L&S is selected
- PCD2/3.W380: support for hardware revision B conversion factor for current inputs has been updated.
- Correction regarding PCD3.M6860: support for the new hardware version
Firmware 1.24.09 (September 2014)
- Only for PCD2.M5440 and PCD2.M5540
Recognition of the new type of 8 MB onboard flash integrated in the PCD2.M5xx0
- STXMX and SRXMX instruction make the PCD to crash and reboot
- Write Periphery Byte (WRPB) doesn't work
- Data Exchange for W5300 module does not work anymore
- Modbus error when port is doubled assigned.
Firmware 1.24.05 (August 2014)
- Support of the following modules
- Easy update functionalities => FW update & restore of the application including the Web pages from a *.sprg file.
- LON FT-10
- New SFs and communication driver for the E-Line devices
- New test functions:
- Backup check (TEST 8)
TEST 8 give the possibility to check in the application program if a Backup file is present and if it is the correct one.
- FW check (TEST 40)
After an unsuccessful FW update, it could append that there is no more FW in the FLASH memory but the system is able to run with the "old" FW until next power off.
The test 40 function allow to detect such a situation.
- BACnet Web interface
- 5 min logging in the S-Monitoring
- New SFs in the system library: MD5 hash and AES, DES, 3DES cipher encryption
- Improve the robustness of the system against Ethernet storm
- PCD Modbus client, allow the reception of server answer also if the reply of the server is to fast
(< 3.5 character time as defined in the modbus specification)
Modification doesn't apply for F2xx ports, but only for on-board ports
- PCD Modbus client, read binary F-Box does show a error, but the function is correctly executed and the data's are correctly processed
- PCD Modbus server, 32 bits not correctly written to the PCD medias if several consecutive modbus telegrams are received in the PCD
- When an additional Alarming2 configuration (*.asv file) is present in the PCD, the program is blocked in the start-up sequence
- The XON XOFF SASI mode (MC2) does not work on PCD2.M5xx0 port 2
- If the a Smart RIO or Smart RIO manager is disabled with the tag, the manager still sends the configuration to the RIO
- The Program Restore when CRC Error occurs the program is only restored if there is not already a restore done (manual or automatic)
- The PCD Crash with a Bus Error when it is restarted while sent a SMS
- PCD3.M6860 IP on extension stops when extension reboots
- PCD2/3.W380 linearization works only correct if the absolute value of min and max are equal
- On PCD1.M0/M2, PCD3.Mxx60 and PCD7.D4xxxT5F the memory dump is aborted by reading the SRAM
- On Open Data Mode when the TCP connection timeout elapses, the connection remains open while XBSY flag is reset
- Corrections in relation with S-Monitoring
- Corrections in relation with the E-Line modules
- Corrections in relation with BACnet and LON
PCD3 / Mxxx
PCD7 / D4xx (MB Panel)
PCD1 / M2xx0
PCD2 / M5xxx
Last update: 18.08.2017 14:41
First release: 02.04.2015 10:39